- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) National Meeting - Held semi-annually in Summer and Winter, this is a conference for physics teachers and physics education researchers. PER usually participates in many sessions and workshops throughout the conference.
- Physics Education Research Conference (PERC) - This one-day meeting is supported by the Summer AAPT meeting and has a focus on PER. PERC has a different theme each year.
- Foundations and Frontiers of Physics Education Research (FFPER) - This is a week long PER conference which is intended to be small and support close workshops and conversations. Conference organizers encourage only advance grad students (yr 3+ to attend). Takes place very other year (on odd years), and there is usually some sort of application process as attendance is limited.
- American Physical Society (APS) March and April Meeting - These are research conferences for the physics research community broadly. There are usually several PER-dedicated sessions at the April Meeting.
- American Astronomical Society (AAS) - This is the annual conference for the broader astronomy community. There are usually a few sessions related to Astronomy Education Research (AER) and outreach activities.
- Foundations and Frontiers of Physics Education Research, Puget Sound (FFPERPS) - Biennial (even years), three day conference designed to enhance regional communication and collaboration and to increase the visibility of work that is of high quality but not well known.
- Gordon Research Conference on Physics Research & Education (Link) - Biennial, week-long conference that focuses on a physics content theme.
Science, Interdisciplinary & Learning Sciences Conferences
- International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS) - This is a biennial meeting for the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS).
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST) - This annual meeting supports research on science teaching and learning.
- National Science Teacher Association (NSTA) - This annual conference is mainly intended to serve K-12 science practitioners, like teachers and specialists, in strategies for teaching and learning science. There's room for researchers to present work and engage with teachers.
- Transforming Research in Undergraduate STEM Education (TRUSE) - A biennial conference to promote the integration of research on undergraduate science and mathematics education.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) - This annual meeting supports research on all areas of teaching and learning.
- American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) - This is the annual meeting for Engineering Education.
International PER Conferences (Both physics specific and science education)
- European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI) - A biennial conference supports research on all areas of teaching and learning. European equivalent of AERA.
- Groupe International de Recherche sur l'Enseignement de la Physique (GIREP) - This is the European equivalent of AAPT. There is a annual meeting which sometimes is lined up with ICPE and EPEC.
- International Commission on Physics Education (ICPE) - This is a commission as part of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP). They host an annual conference, which is often in conjunction with another organization.